Since April 2002 there is a legal requirement to register all domestic replacement window and/or door installations with the Local Authority Building Control (LABC). Installers can either register installations directly with the LABC, or use a self certification scheme such as Certass.
Here at DGL we have Certass contractor approval. What this means is:
- Certass is a government approved Competent Person Scheme. They check individual contractors and companies against set industry standards.
- A Competent Person Scheme provides an alternative to submitting a building notice for certain home improvements. Replacement windows and doors fall within these home improvements.
- Members of the Competent Person Scheme can self-certify that works meet current building regulations. Certass will then register any work done directly with the Local Authority.
- Certass then issue a Building Regulation Compliance Certificate directly to the homeowner once notification of completed works is received. This certificate is needed should you subsequently sell your property.
- As part of our ongoing contract with Certass we have a percentage of our installations regularly checked by them thereby ensuring we continue to comply with industry standards.
For more information see the Certass website